Precise Peelable Mask
TECHNOMELT AS 8998 is a new and efficient approach to conventional PCB masking techniques for conformal coating processes.
An alternative to manual taping methods, TECHNOMELT AS 8998 is a hot melt adhesive that can be precisely applied to keep-out areas via automated dispensing systems, reducing process time and labor costs.
The material is compatible with conformal coating chemistries, delivers better control during conformal coating, requires no curing and releases cleanly from various substrate surfaces.
- Ultra-fast processing
- Precise automatic dispensing
- Solidifies upon cooling
- Requires no curing
- Easily peelable without residues
- Slump-resistant for improved dispense control
- Greener process
- Halogen-free and RoHS compliant
- No outgassing during coating process
- Reduced material waste
- Compatible with Henkel conformal coatings
- Compatible with common automated dispensing systems
- Compatible with numerous substrate surfaces
- Compatible with thermal processes up to 100°C
- Reduced labor costs
- Reduced material costs
- Equipment savings
- Significant reduction in overall cost of ownership
TECHNOMELT AS 8998 peelable mask vs. taping
See the difference between conventional taping and the new TECHNOMELT AS 8998!
Watch our videos of PCB masking methods
Taking off the mask: automated, dispensable, peelable electronics masking solution eliminates manual, time-consuming processes
TECHNOMELT AS 8998 Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Test Report
Results for ESD sensitive items based on third-party testing
TECHNOMELT AS 8998 Masking Residue Study
Customer evaluation on residues after masking, comparing AS 8998 and UV-cured materials
Have a question? Talk to our TECHNOMELT materials experts.
It's simple. Order a sample and start using TECHNOMELT in your manufacturing process today!
TECHNOMELT Product Range
No matter the requirement, Henkel has the right TECHNOMELT material for your application!